Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonghui Zhao <zh...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/10 11:56:46 UTC

SortingMergePolicy is removed in 7.2.1?

I can't find this class now? Which is replacement?

Thanks!

Re: SortingMergePolicy is removed in 7.2.1?

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Making it easier to use was exactly the goal. You should expect some
performance improvements as well as index sorting is now performed directly
by flushes and merges.

Posted by Yonghui Zhao <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

The SortingMergePolicy was an early experiment to implement index sorting.
It has been made a first-class feature in LUCENE-6766, which you can enable
with IndexWriterConfig.setIndexSort.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.