Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Manivannan Palanichamy <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/20 15:07:22 UTC

WSDL generation error

I have an interface like,

import java.net.URL;
public interface MyInterface
{
public URL createURL(String url);
}

I am trying to generate WSDL using axis java2wsdl program. But, i am getting
the following error:

[axis-java2wsdl] - The class java.net.URL is defined in a java or javax
package
and cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType will
be
used to define this class in the wsdl file.

Any Idea? Please help to resolve the issue.
--
Manivannan.Palanichamy (@) Oracle.com
http://mani.gw.googlepages.com/index.html

RE: WSDL generation error

Posted by si...@bt.com.
Hi,

You don't get an error, but a info message. URL class can't be
converted. Therefore the code generator chooses to use the anyType for
it. When converting back, you'll probably get an Object I think. So
you'll lose strong typeness and get this in return. Start with defining
the wsdl interface is imho a better and more logical way to create a
webservice.

Regards,
Sietse