Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Graham Klyne <gr...@oucs.ox.ac.uk> on 2005/10/26 16:45:22 UTC

Unit testing with Pluto 1.1

Further to my recent message, in which I have the test suite running
under Tomcat on Windows, I am starting to turn my attention back to my
primary goal - creating a test environment for WSRP.

My next step is to use PortletUnit or HTTPUnit/ServletUnit to try and
run the current Pluto test portlets in a free-standing JUnit test
harness, rather than driven by a Browser through  Tomcat.  I'm hoping
this will be useful for you too.

I'm still digging around the PortletUnit code:  I think it uses the
HTTPUnit/ServletUnit and Pluto container code to drive the portlet under
test.  If that doesn't work out, I'll retreat to using ServletUnit and
faking the HTTP calls to the Pluto container.

Any hints or pointers appreciated!

#g

--
Graham Klyne