Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2005/02/08 19:46:11 UTC

PHP Language Bindings for Subversion

Hi there,

i have started with a little experiment to have language bindings for
PHP on Subversion.

Currently i have got a little thing working.

There is a little part in the subversion distribution (minimal-client.c)
which will result in list all available subversion diretories.

This is working  in PHP now after binding with the subversion client
library.

Currently i have compiled the function above for PHP 5.0 and working
a little php example.

I'm currently not using SWIG but i will test to get working it with
SWIG (if it should be used; I think it should be..).

Currently i will continue in extending the function list to
get more things to work.

But currently it is not possible to have an authorization on the
svn repository like the command line client (minimal-client.c)
does...

Kind Regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
--
Software Entwicklungs- und Beratungs Service  http://www.soebes.de
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise            email: info@soebes.de

Re: PHP Language Bindings for Subversion

Posted by Matthew Rich <mr...@tigris.org>.
You have?  Strange I don't see any messages from you (well at least not
in recorded history [2 years]:)

Matt

--
Matthew Rich <mr...@tigris.org>

Re: PHP Language Bindings for Subversion

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Marcus,

Posted by Marcus Rueckert <da...@web.de>.
On 2005-02-08 20:46:11 +0100, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> i have started with a little experiment to have language bindings for
> PHP on Subversion.

i just found this link: http://spe.tigris.org/

maybe you can cooperate with him?

darix

--
irssi - the client of the smart and beautiful people

              http://www.irssi.de/

Re: PHP Language Bindings for Subversion

Posted by John Lenz <le...@cs.wisc.edu>.
On 02/08/05 13:46:11, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i have started with a little experiment to have language bindings for
> PHP on Subversion.
>
> Currently i have got a little thing working.
>
> There is a little part in the subversion distribution (minimal-client.c)
> which will result in list all available subversion diretories.
>
> This is working  in PHP now after binding with the subversion client
> library.
>
> Currently i have compiled the function above for PHP 5.0 and working
> a little php example.
>
> I'm currently not using SWIG but i will test to get working it with
> SWIG (if it should be used; I think it should be..).

Currently, SWIG does not support multiple modules with php4.  I just looked
at the problem (try going into Examples/test-suite/php4 and running "make
imports.multicpptest") and it shouldn't be that hard to fix.  Maybe I will
look at it if I get some time.  Anyway, SWIG won't work right now for php4
and subversion.  Although I would say the best way would be to make SWIG
work, then you have a lot less work...

John

Re: PHP Language Bindings for Subversion

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
 Hi Norm,

> Good evening Karl,
> I write on behalf of one of your countrymen who is presently doing major
> platform porting of PHP source (not script) to NetWare, and has done
> work on porting source like Berkeley DB and Subversion to the same
> platform.
>
> Would you be interested to discuss projects and developments? If so, I
> can forward directly to you his email address.
That would be very nice to get this information.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz

Posted by NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au>.
Good evening Karl,
I write on behalf of one of your countrymen who is presently doing major
platform porting of PHP source (not script) to NetWare, and has done
work on porting source like Berkeley DB and Subversion to the same platform.

Would you be interested to discuss projects and developments? If so, I
can forward directly to you his email address.
Regards,
Norm