Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/18 18:08:00 UTC

[collections] 4.0?

Hi All:

What do we think needs to be done to get 4.0 out the door?

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [collections] 4.0?

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
2013/3/18 Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>
> wrote:

> > > I tried to group the existing issues this weekend, so everything that
> is
> > > marked as 4.0 should be resolved imho, the most important ones being:
> > >
> > >  * finalize the Buffer -> Queue change
> > >  * change package / groupId / artifactId
> > >  * create (extensive) release-notes
> > >  * fix test errors with IBM JVMs
> > >  * review trie interface
> > >
> > > Another important thing would be to review all method signatures with
> > > the new generic types, some things are really not working as intended
> or
> > > will create headaches (e.g. MultiMap<K, V> inherits from Map<K, Object>
> > > which makes it impossible to use for some/any MapUtils methods unless
> we
> > > override all methods also with a MultiMap<K, V>).
> > >
> > > My idea was to create an alpha or beta release and try to get as much
> as
> > > possible feedback from people within 1-2 months and then aim to release
> > > 4.0.
> > >

> > There are several tests that still inherit from TestCase. The test
> > environment is pretty complex with a lot of sub classing. Do you see
> > problems when removing TestCase? I'd like to do this some time this week.
> >
> > Also some tests have empty setUp and tearDown methods. I've already seen
> > this in [beanutils] but see no point in keeping those. Any objections
> > against dropping empty setUp and tearDowns?
> >

> Do they override behavior?

Well the places I have seen do not (I think). But this is a good hint. I
will keep that in mind while working.

Re: [collections] 4.0?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [collections] 4.0?