Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "yonggu.lee" <yo...@navercorp.com> on 2018/08/22 09:11:17 UTC

In the case of read-through cache, both Replicated and Partitioned mode are identical?

I have a read-through cache backed by a hbase table. I this case, is there no
difference between Replicated and Partitioned mode?

When I tested, although I set up a Replicated mode, the cache only had
Primary, and not Backup part (in web console, monitoring tab)

Re: In the case of read-through cache, both Replicated and Partitioned mode are identical?

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

CacheStore semantic suppose you will warm-up a cache via calling
cache.loadCache().
When you use read-through and forget load cache from back store then it is
ok if no backups are updated on read operation.

Backups and replicated cache in case of read-through just add some
tolerance to node-loss and allow you to not fallback to read-through after
cache was warned-up.

If you don't care about warm-up then most likely you are ok with
read-through happens even if some other node already cached a value.

AFAIK, read-through caches values localy on backup nodes to prevent further
read from remote primary, that are expected in case of replicated cache.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 2:20 PM Prasad Bhalerao <
prasadbhalerao1983@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am just wondering would you really  need backup partitions in case of
> replicated mode? The whole data is replicated, so I think each node itself
> is kind of backup for other.
>

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2018, 2:41 PM yonggu.lee <yo...@navercorp.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a read-through cache backed by a hbase table. I this case, is
>> there no
>> difference between Replicated and Partitioned mode?
>>
>> When I tested, although I set up a Replicated mode, the cache only had
>> Primary, and not Backup part (in web console, monitoring tab)
>>

>> --

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: In the case of read-through cache, both Replicated and Partitioned mode are identical?

Posted by Prasad Bhalerao <pr...@gmail.com>.