Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Sahak <st...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/11 18:45:52 UTC

Session difficulty please help

I have installed Tomcat 5.0 on RedHart 9.0 and using IE6.0 to browse a JSP application that I created in the webapps folder.  The application works as does almost everything else except sessions.  Sessions are
enabled in the server.xml file and the web.xml file.   I have tried my best in debugging the problem and looking for info with no luck.  Here is where I am stuck.
I see that tomcat is creating a JSESSIONID and my browser accepts it
and returns it properly.  However, everytime it is returned to the server
it issues a new session id.   I assume the somehow a session listener is
not picking up the session id.  By default tomcat should be enabled to pickup sessions and I do have the session attribute set to true.  Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Sahak

Re: Session difficulty please help

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
What are the contents of the log files in CATALINA_HOME/logs?

John

Re: Installing Tomcat on solaris

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@yahoo.com>.
Howdy,
What errors are in the tomcat logs?

Yoav Shapira

--- Ozge Gundogdu <gu...@boun.edu.tr> wrote:

>  Hi;
>  I have been trying to install tomcat 4.0.4 on solaris 5.7. and set the
>  environment variables
>  JAVA_HOME=/usr/java1.2
>  CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6
>  then I run tomcat with this command,
>  ./startup.sh
>  It gives normal response like that
>
>  Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6
>  Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6
>  Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/temp
>  Using JAVA_HOME: /usr/java1.2
>
>  But when I did ps , I cannot see any instances of java running. and when I
>  run http://localhost:8080 it gives "page cannot be displayed " error.
>
>  Thaks for your response!
>
>  Ozge Gundogdu

=====
Yoav Shapira
yoavs@computer.org

Installing Tomcat on solaris

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
What behavior do you get with tomcat 4.1.24? (If same - then you have a bug)
What behavior do you get with Mozilla? (If works - then IE is doing something
weird)

-Tim