Posted to user@ratis.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/26 15:37:42 UTC

Adding or replacing servers

Hi,
   Looking at the code, it doesn't look like there is any way to add a new
server or replace a failed server in the quorum. Did I miss something? Is
that planned functionality?

Thanks,
   Owen

Re: Adding or replacing servers

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Owen,

Thanks for looking at the code.  There is a setConfiguration[Async]
method in RaftClient[Asynchronous]Protocol to change membership.  It
can add a new server or replace a failed server.  You may want to take
a look RaftReconfigurationBaseTest and its subclasses.

Please feel free to let me know if you have more questions.

Tsz-Wo