Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Blason rock <bl...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/15 07:37:21 UTC

POP3/IMAP Anti Spam - A basic question though

Hi Guys,

This may sound a basic questions but would like to know under what
circumstances one should use IMAP/POP3 Anti Spam services? I do have AS for
SMTP and is blokcing well but would like to know what consequences it would
cause if I enable or disable the Pop3/imap Anti Spam settings.

Does Spamassassin by default provides POP3/IMAP scanning and if yes how
would I enable or disable it

Thanks.

Re: POP3/IMAP Anti Spam - A basic question though

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Blason rock skrev den 2013-09-15 07:37:

> This may sound a basic questions but would like to know under what
> circumstances one should use IMAP/POP3 Anti Spam services?

show link to a howto else its not a good question

> I do have
> AS for SMTP and is blokcing well but would like to know what
> consequences it would cause if I enable or disable the Pop3/imap Anti
> Spam settings.

this is not supported in spamassassin

> Does Spamassassin by default provides POP3/IMAP scanning and if yes
> how would I enable or disable it

not supported spamassassin only tags it does not block seems to be a
common mistake it blocks