Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk> on 2001/02/23 13:11:28 UTC

[C2] SVG support dead?

Hi all (and Ross in particular if he's up!),

There seems to be a problem in the latest C2 CVS with the SVGSerializer.
It doesn't seem to be receiving the parameters from the sitemap
configuration, and therefore is not able to find its transcoder. I'm
looking into it now, but could do with confirmation that others are
having the same problem? Ross: any ideas?

Paul.

Re: [C2] SVG support dead?

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
* Ross Burton (ross@itzinteractive.com) wrote :
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Paul Russell wrote:
> > Hi all (and Ross in particular if he's up!),
> Of course I'm up - I live in London too, guv.  :-)

You do? D'oh. Should meet up for a drink some time...

> > There seems to be a problem in the latest C2 CVS with the SVGSerializer.
> > It doesn't seem to be receiving the parameters from the sitemap
> > configuration, and therefore is not able to find its transcoder. I'm
> > looking into it now, but could do with confirmation that others are
> > having the same problem? Ross: any ideas?

Ahem. User Error, replace user. I've just tracked it down to tomcat not
unpacking the cocoon webapp from its .war. Sorry about that :/

> Well... I've just done a cvs update to ensure I've got the latest updates,
> and there is nothing which needs to be committed.  However, now C2 won't
> run!  Catalina barfs with this error:
> 2001-02-23 13:49:40 StandardHost[localhost]: Deploying web application at
> context path /cocoon from URL jar:file:/home/users/ross/work/Programming/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b1/webapps/cocoon.war!/
> 2001-02-23 13:49:42 StandardHost[localhost]: ContainerBase.addChild:
> start: LifecycleException:  start: :  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addRepositoryInternal: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
> I've tried several times now and still no joy!  Argh! And I have to be 70
> miles away in 2 hours! Argh!  All of the jar files open fine using jar.

Hrm. Looks painful. I'm using tomcat 3.2, and haven't seen any problems.

> But I really must go - I am home to read my mails on what was supposed to
> be a flying visit, and now I must dash.

Heh! Have fun.

Thanks Ross,

Paul.

Re: [C2] SVG support dead?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Paul, Ross,

FYI, Just tried the following samples. All work fine. No problems at all.

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcome-svg
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/svg
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/hello.svg

Thanks,
dims

--- Ross Burton <ro...@itzinteractive.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Paul Russell wrote:
>
> > Hi all (and Ross in particular if he's up!),
>
> Of course I'm up - I live in London too, guv.  :-)
>
> > There seems to be a problem in the latest C2 CVS with the SVGSerializer.
> > It doesn't seem to be receiving the parameters from the sitemap
> > configuration, and therefore is not able to find its transcoder. I'm
> > looking into it now, but could do with confirmation that others are
> > having the same problem? Ross: any ideas?
>
> Well... I've just done a cvs update to ensure I've got the latest updates,
> and there is nothing which needs to be committed.  However, now C2 won't
> run!  Catalina barfs with this error:
>
> 2001-02-23 13:49:40 StandardHost[localhost]: Deploying web application at
> context path /cocoon from URL
> jar:file:/home/users/ross/work/Programming/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b1/webapps/cocoon.war!/
>
> 2001-02-23 13:49:42 StandardHost[localhost]: ContainerBase.addChild:
> start: LifecycleException:  start: :  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addRepositoryInternal:
> java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
>
> I've tried several times now and still no joy!  Argh! And I have to be 70
> miles away in 2 hours! Argh!  All of the jar files open fine using jar.
>
> I'll state this:
> 1) I have no more changes to check into the tree
> 2) Before I checked it in I tested it, and SVG generation and parameter
> passing worked fine (the SVG "Hello World" with a bright green background
> - nice...)
>
> You're problem could be due to the new Avalon which I think was checked in
> a day or so ago.  Maybe Configuration has changed slightly - Berin?  As to
> my problem I have no idea!
>
> But I really must go - I am home to read my mails on what was supposed to
> be a flying visit, and now I must dash.
>
> Sorry I can't help any more - if it's still broken Sunday night I'll try
> and look at it then.
> Best of luck! :-)
> Ross

=====