Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/10 16:48:49 UTC

Trouble with Maven including rampart.mar as dependency

Hi,

I am trying use rampart for security support on the ws-binding in Apache
Tuscany Java SCA.  I included the rampart.mar as dependency in the axis2 ws
binding pom file (
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/binding-ws-axis2/pom.xml)
as follows : -

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.rampart</groupId>
            <artifactId>rampart</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
            <type>mar</type>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>

While Maven successfully downloads and installs rampart.mar it seems like
its not including it in the build classpath as a result of which I get a
'trying to engage an unavailable module' exception.  Am I missing something
here?  Could somebody help with hints ?  Thanks.

PS : When I imported the project into eclipse I found that the .classpath
that maven generates does not contain the .mar file.  Including this
explicitly runs everything cleanly within eclipse.  Hence my suspicion on
Maven ever doing anything with the .mar file.

Thanks
- Venkat

Re: Trouble with Maven including rampart.mar as dependency

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepal, thanks for responding.  Did you mean moving to 1.3 would resolve
this maven related problem?  Anyways, I have moved up to 1.3.  But that does
not solve this problem.

- Venkat

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.