Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/06/12 08:23:38 UTC

Unable to release 2.0.x with maven-release-plugin

Hi,

I'm trying to stage 2.0.7 and getting this error from the release
plugin:

[INFO] The artifact (org.apache.maven:maven-error-diagnostics)
requires a different version (2.0.7) than what is found (2.0.7) for
the expression (mavenVersion) in the project (org.apache.maven:maven).

Which I honestly don't understand as mavenVersion in the POM is 2.0.7-
SNAPSHOT, not 2.0.7.

I can't see any difference but here's the 2.0.6 POM:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/tags/maven-2.0.6/
pom.xml

and the current POM:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x/
pom.xml

I've tried this several times and I'm tired so hopefully I'm missing
something obvious that another set of eyeballs can see.

(The POM says 2.0-beta-5 but it keeps pulling in 2.0-beta-6 or the
release plugin just FYI)

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl