Posted to user@struts.apache.org by JeanNiBee <Jo...@nuance.com> on 2008/05/05 19:24:16 UTC

Struts 1 "plugin" equivalent...

Hi

New to Struts 2 and just trying to make the changes. In Struts 1 we had a
plug in mechanism that would be executed when the application started up.
This was a good place to configure pools and log files and such. What does
Struts 2 has to handle this same feature.

Thanks.

P.S. I realize that plug in in the Struts 1 sense may not be the same as in
the Struts 2 sense, but I'm mainly trying to setup and initialize resources
on application start up.

thanks.

Re: Struts 1 "plugin" equivalent...

Posted by JeanNiBee <Jo...@nuance.com>.

JeanNiBee wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is this available 'out of the box' for a standard Struts 2 running on say
> Tomcat 5.5 / Jetty 6+. Unfortunately these are the limiting factors of the
> environment I'm working in.
>
> Thanks.

Answering my own question. This available and usable in Jetty 6 with no
additional downloads.

Posted by JeanNiBee <Jo...@nuance.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.