Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <cg...@qos.ch> on 2001/03/04 21:16:08 UTC

Re: System.getProperty("line.separator")

Yes we probably should. On the other hand, it should not matter because HTML does not care about "spaces". So having \r, \n, \r\n or nothing should be equivalent from an HTML browsers point of view.

Again, if the goal of inserting \r\n into the stream is lisibility, then  System.getProperty("line.separator") is a good suggestion. I am in favor of the change. Ceki

ps: By the way, Layout.LINE_SEP already contains the value of System.getProperty("line.separator").

At 00:24 28.02.2001 +0100, Mathias Bogaert wrote:
>Shouldn't we implement the use of System.getProperty("line.separator")
>instead of using "\r\n" for writing output (eg in XMLLayout)?
>
>Regards
>
>Mathias Bogaert
>ETM International

----
Ceki Gülcü          Web:   http://qos.ch
av. de Rumine 5     email: cgu@qos.ch (preferred)
CH-1005 Lausanne           ceki_gulcu@yahoo.com
Switzerland         Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15