Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Glenn Macgregor <gm...@pocketkings.ie> on 2009/01/14 16:35:12 UTC

Basic example questions

Hi All,

I am new to ServiceMix, I am familiar with EBS software though. I am in the process of trying to understand exactly what the basic example is doing so I want to manually install it rather than using maven or ant. Can anyone outline the steps to do this for the basic example.

I have copies the servicemix.xml from the example to the servicemix conf directory and tried to run but that failed with:

Caught: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unrecognized xbean namespace mapping: http://servicemix.apache.org/jms/1.0
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unrecognized xbean namespace mapping: http://servicemix.apache.org/jms/1.0
        at org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2c.XBeanNamespaceHandler.parseBeanFromExtensionElement(XBeanNamespaceHandler.java:277)

So the maven install does something other than just copying the xml config file, does anyone know what it is doing?

Thanks

 Glenn

RE: Basic example questions

Posted by Glenn Macgregor <gm...@pocketkings.ie>.
So doing a bit more reading a better question might be...

Is it possible to run the basic example in a standalone form rather than embedded servicemix?

Thanks

 Glenn