Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> on 2012/07/08 01:36:15 UTC

Improvements to the User Interface

Sebastian,

I have been wanting to ask if people would be OK to discuss some restructuring  to user interface.

While the Conference meeting room layouts are excellent, our users have plenty of problems logging in and joining a room, so I would like to suggest possible improvements.

Some of my suggestions for example;

1)      The “Rooms” menu has one selection “Rooms”, which seems very pointless. Better if it had “Public Rooms”, “Private rooms”, “My Rooms”.  Then the user could select to enter directly to a specific rooms type tab.

2)      Personally I see no point to the “Dashboard” and would like this removed or become a selectable option.

3)      I would like any user logging in, to go straight to their “Private rooms” tab from where they could select which room they wanted to enter. Most of our users only log in to join in a meeting for their Group (i.e. a private room)

4)      The “Home” menu could have “Chat”, “Contacts and messages”, “My Profile”, “Recordings” and “Logout” as its options.  “Contacts and messages” and “Profile” should be removed from the top right menu selections, but I don’t mind “Logout” and “Report a bug” staying there.   If there is a use for the dashboard, then this could be a menu item of the “Home” menu as it is now, but not the first screen a user gets when they log in.

5)      I have wondered if the Chat tab should be part of the rooms tabs, but since it is not a room type, then that does not make sense either.

Thanks,

George Kirkham

Re: Improvements to the User Interface

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I would vote from 1) (I don't really like drop downs consist of 1 element
:) )

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com

--
WBR