Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> on 2008/06/16 16:52:25 UTC

New Task: Debian packaging with jdeb

Hi all,

I'd like to advertise the jdeb task on the 'External Tools and Tasks'
page of the Ant site. It's a task for building debian packages. Here is
the description:

name: jdeb

Debian packages from Java builds in a truly cross platform manner. Build
your Debian packages on any platform that has Java support. Windows,
Linux - it does not require additional native tools installed.

compatibility: Ant 1.7 (not tested on earlier versions)

url: http://vafer.org/projects/jdeb/

contact: tcurdt@apache.org

license: The Apache Software License 2.0

Thank you,

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: New Task: Debian packaging with jdeb

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:52 +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to advertise the jdeb task on the 'External Tools and Tasks'
> page of the Ant site. It's a task for building debian packages. Here is
> the description:
>
> name: jdeb

> Debian packages from Java builds in a truly cross platform manner. Build
> your Debian packages on any platform that has Java support. Windows,
> Linux - it does not require additional native tools installed.

Sounds very cwel need to try it out. Thanks for the contribution.

salu2

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Just curious, is Ant accepting new core tasks nowadays.

Probably, if something really is a core concern (say a new tool
becoming part of a more recent JDK).

For something like jdeb it would be unlikely since it is very
specific.  We do accept new Ant library projects, though

> jdeb might be a useful addition when it's mature enough to
> complement the existing rpm task.

I'd rather move the rpm task out of core and into a separate AntLib
(which is true for a lot of tasks that make up an Ant distribution).

Stefan

Re: New Task: Debian packaging with jdeb

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
> committed, should appear on the website soon

Thanks a lot Stefan.

Just curious, is Ant accepting new core tasks nowadays. jdeb might be a

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> Is Torsten OK with doing so?  I mean, you are listing him as contact,
> not yourself 8-)

Because he did all the hard work ;) I just contributed a few changes.
He's ok with listing jdeb on the site.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.