Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ken Shail <ke...@shail.co.uk> on 2003/05/31 09:55:34 UTC

[users@httpd] cgi & perl

I am clearly a beginner at Apache!
I would appreciate some advice on running perl scripts in Apache2. (On Mandrake 9.1)
I have some perl scripts that I have tested on IIS on Win2k.
When I tried to run them on Apache the server simply sent the source.
I found by experimentation that the would run if I renamed them with the .cgi extension in perl subdirectory (var/www/perl).
They would also run with the .pl extension in the cgi-bin subdirectory but the html file that calls the scripts would not run there.
All help would be appreciated. Is there a URL that covers this subject. I have looked, but obviously not in the right place!
Ken