Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Asiri Liyana Arachchi <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/16 12:07:08 UTC

Deploying policies fails in pack built from master.

Hi,

To install stratos on ec2 I've used a fresh pack built from master. Server
starts successfully.
When trying to deploying policies in UI it fails.

​First I've used the configuration wizard.
When trying to go next deployment each time shows above screen. Error log
[1]
But first two policies, partition configuration and autoscaling policies
can be deployed with several attempts.
But it fails to load the "Deployment policy" configuration screen which is
next.
Even when not on configuration wizard it fails to load.
wso2carbon.log is attached.

[1] : TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-08-16 09:47:24,657]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.util.ConfUtil} -  Loading configuration.....
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.util.ConfUtil}
TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-08-16 09:47:24,757]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.client.cloud.controller.CloudControllerClient}
-  Validating partition via cloud controller: [id] p2
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.client.cloud.controller.CloudControllerClient}
TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-08-16 09:47:32,608]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.partition.PartitionManager} -  Partition is
deployed successfully: [id] p2
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.partition.PartitionManager}
TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-08-16 09:47:32,618] ERROR
{org.jaggeryjs.jaggery.core.manager.WebAppManager} -
 org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.exceptions.ScriptException:
org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped
java.lang.NullPointerException (http#17)
(/console/controllers/router.jag#119)
{org.jaggeryjs.jaggery.core.manager.WebAppManager}
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.exceptions.ScriptException:
org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.exceptions.ScriptException:
org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped
java.lang.NullPointerException (http#17)
(/console/controllers/router.jag#119)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.engine.RhinoEngine.execScript(RhinoEngine.java:571)
at org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.engine.RhinoEngine.exec(RhinoEngine.java:273)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.jaggery.core.manager.WebAppManager.execute(WebAppManager.java:447)
at org.jaggeryjs.jaggery.core.JaggeryServlet.doPost(JaggeryServlet.java:29)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:749)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:487)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:379)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:339)
 at org.jaggeryjs.jaggery.core.JaggeryFilter.doFilter(JaggeryFilter.java:21)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
 at
org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CompositeValve.continueInvocation(CompositeValve.java:178)
at
org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CarbonTomcatValve$1.invoke(CarbonTomcatValve.java:47)
 at
org.wso2.carbon.webapp.mgt.TenantLazyLoaderValve.invoke(TenantLazyLoaderValve.java:56)
at
org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.TomcatValveContainer.invokeValves(TomcatValveContainer.java:47)
 at
org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CompositeValve.invoke(CompositeValve.java:141)
at
org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CarbonStuckThreadDetectionValve.invoke(CarbonStuckThreadDetectionValve.java:156)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:936)
at
org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CarbonContextCreatorValve.invoke(CarbonContextCreatorValve.java:52)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1004)
at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1653)
at
 at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.exceptions.ScriptException:
org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped
java.lang.NullPointerException (http#17)
(/console/controllers/router.jag#119)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.throwAsScriptRuntimeEx(Context.java:1754)
at org.mozilla.javascript.MemberBox.invoke(MemberBox.java:148)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionObject.call(FunctionObject.java:386)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callName(OptRuntime.java:63)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c0._c_anonymous_1(/console/controllers/router.jag:119)
at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c0.call(/console/controllers/router.jag)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call0(OptRuntime.java:23)
at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c0._c_script_0(/console/controllers/router.jag:23)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c0.call(/console/controllers/router.jag)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:394)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:3091)
at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c0.call(/console/controllers/router.jag)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c0.exec(/console/controllers/router.jag)
at
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.engine.RhinoEngine.execScript(RhinoEngine.java:567)
 ... 35 more
Caused by: org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.exceptions.ScriptException:
org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped
java.lang.NullPointerException (http#17)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.engine.RhinoEngine.execScript(RhinoEngine.java:571)
at org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.engine.RhinoEngine.exec(RhinoEngine.java:273)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.jaggery.core.manager.WebAppManager.executeScript(WebAppManager.java:273)
at
org.jaggeryjs.jaggery.core.manager.WebAppManager.include(WebAppManager.java:127)
at
 at
 at org.mozilla.javascript.MemberBox.invoke(MemberBox.java:126)
... 47 more
Caused by: org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped
java.lang.NullPointerException (http#17)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.throwAsScriptRuntimeEx(Context.java:1754)
at org.mozilla.javascript.MemberBox.invoke(MemberBox.java:148)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionObject.call(FunctionObject.java:386)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callName(OptRuntime.java:63)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.http_1._c_anonymous_2(http:17)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.http_1.call(http)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callName(OptRuntime.java:63)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.http_1._c_anonymous_5(http:221)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.http_1._c_anonymous_8(http:232)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.http_1.call(http)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callName(OptRuntime.java:63)
at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.util.c1._c_anonymous_47(/console/util/utility.jag:375)
 at org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.util.c1.call(/console/util/utility.jag)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callN(OptRuntime.java:52)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.util.c1._c_anonymous_18(/console/util/utility.jag:149)
at org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.util.c1.call(/console/util/utility.jag)
 at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call1(OptRuntime.java:32)
at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c3._c_anonymous_1(/console/controllers/wizardSubmit.jag:38)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c3.call(/console/controllers/wizardSubmit.jag)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call0(OptRuntime.java:23)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c3._c_script_0(/console/controllers/wizardSubmit.jag:22)
at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c3.call(/console/controllers/wizardSubmit.jag)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.rhino.console.controllers.c3.exec(/console/controllers/wizardSubmit.jag)
at
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.engine.RhinoEngine.execScript(RhinoEngine.java:567)
 ... 55 more
at
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.util.HostObjectUtil.invalidArgsError(HostObjectUtil.java:41)
 at
org.jaggeryjs.scriptengine.engine.RhinoTopLevel.parse(RhinoTopLevel.java:48)
 at
at
at org.mozilla.javascript.MemberBox.invoke(MemberBox.java:126)
 ... 79 more

Re: Deploying policies fails in pack built from master.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

These UI errors are due to our recent REST API changes. Earlier we always
returned something in the response body. Now we have changed REST API to
return HTTP status codes. I have modified jaggery console app to handle it.
Sent the pull request. Please review and merge it.

https://github.com/apache/stratos/pull/19

I have tested it. However, I also attached the rest api web app
(stratos.war) and jaggery console app here. You may test it before merging
it

Thanks.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.