Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/02 17:41:04 UTC

DOMImplementation factory-block

Blocks can depend on this new block in cornerstone.  Its service
interface is DOMImplementaion (org.w3c.dom package).  In config.xml you
specify the class you wish to use for your SAR and your can get it in
the usual way.  The block implementation done is essentially a proxy for
the real thing.   This would not have been possible before the ROLE
static var thing was discontinued.

You should be able to have multiple DOM parsers in the same VM as
nothing here is set at the global level.  True IoC for DOM parsers.

You can shoose to use the Xerces parser that comes in JDK 1.4 or
something else.

Jesktop and AvalonDB are going to use it (provided Peter etc does not
shoot it down).

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: DOMImplementation factory-block

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

>The problem of course is that all the parsers have to be using the exact same
>version/subset of of DOM. ie someone said that xerces is now DOM2 + parts of
>DOM3. And from what I hear there is a few XML parsers who are mixed bags in
>this sense.

True, but not necessariy a problem.  The interface *blockized* only
gived three methods.  It could remain unchanged.  Take a look and see
what I mean.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: DOMImplementation factory-block

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Neeme,

Take a look at the folowing classses in JDK1.4 or Crimson and all will
become clear.

  org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation
  org.apache.crimson.tree.DOMImplementationImpl

- Paul H

Posted by Neeme Praks <ne...@one.ee>.