Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2009/01/03 19:18:52 UTC

Project Directory Structure

I'd like to see if everone's ok with the following directory structure,
without talking about build tools if possible.  I don't think we're anywhere
near consensus on the build tool issue at the moment, which is why I'd like
to leave it out at the moment.

trunk/
|--build.xml
|--core/
|  |--src/
|  |--test/
|--web/
|  |--src/
|  |--test/
|--support/
|  |--spring/
|  |  |--src/
|  |  |--test/
|  |--ehcache/
|  |  |--src/
|  |  |--test/

I don't think anyone would disagree that this is easier to understand than
the current fileset 'extraction' that is currently being used to pull out
core vs web vs ehcache code.  It is an improvement on the way things are
today in any event, no matter what build tool will be used in the future.

If that is the case, it shouldn't be a problem to institute now and if we
need to change it later after a build tool is agreed upon (add a few more
directories, whatever), we can do that at that time.

I'd hate to see an "all or nothing" mentality (name + directory structure +
build tool) stagnating our project's momentum and progress...

Can we at least reach concensus on this intermediate step?

Regards,

Les

Re: Project Directory Structure

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Done - please do an SVN update.  I still have some very minor tweaks to do
with the build file later this evening (I have to run out), but it won't
take long.  The ant build does run successfully though.

Cheers,

Les

Duh.  Ok. Let's run with this.  The only "negative" comments were

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
David Jencks wrote:
> While the inclusion of build.xml implies ant and the lack of detail
> below */src and */test make this a bit incomplete this looks fine and
> a definite improvement over the current organization.
+1

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Project Directory Structure

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
While the inclusion of build.xml implies ant and the lack of detail
below */src and */test make this a bit incomplete this looks fine and
a definite improvement over the current organization.

thanks
david jencks