Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mattias J <mj...@expertsystem.se> on 2005/04/18 10:05:13 UTC

[i18n] Status?

The i18n sandbox project seems to be quite similar to Commons Resources.
What is the relationship between the two? Will they continue to co-exist?

i18n is appealing to me because it allows for multiple properties (such as
title and details) under a common key. We solve very similar problems in
our project, but I would like to use a generic API reusable among several
projects. Although I see some changes I would like to make ti i18n. For
example, I'd like the ability to qualify the entry with a source (i.e. base
name). This requires some other changes of the internal structure.

Is somebody actively working on this project, or can I try some refactoring
and additions and contribute suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

   Mattias Jiderhamn