Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <og...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/09 22:07:07 UTC

Nutch ML cleanup

Hi,

This has been bugging me for a while now.  For some reason Nutch MLs get the most "junk" emails - both rude/rudeish emails, as well as clear spam (with "SPAM" in the subject - something must be detecting it).

I just looked at the headers of the clearly labeled spam messages and found that they all seem to come from SF:

 To: nutch-cvs@lists.sourceforge.net
 To: nutch-general@lists.sourceforge.net

I assume there is some kind of a mail forward from the old Nutch MLs on SF to the "new" Nutch MLs at ASF.
Do you think we could remove this forwarding and get rid of this spam?

Sami & Andrzej seem to be members who miiiight be able to make this change:

http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=59548

Otis

Re: Nutch ML cleanup

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
Like I suspected: I have no power to do or view any admin stuff there.
Btw. I am not seeing any span, perhaps google takes care of that for me?

--
 Sami Siren

Re: Nutch ML cleanup

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.

Re: Nutch ML cleanup

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <og...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the clarification.  I'm now a a happy Nutch SF-list unsubscriber.  Sorry for the confusion.

Otis

Re: Nutch ML cleanup

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: Nutch ML cleanup

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This has been bugging me for a while now.  For some reason Nutch MLs get the most "junk" emails - both rude/rudeish emails, as well as clear spam (with "SPAM" in the subject - something must be detecting it).
>
> I just looked at the headers of the clearly labeled spam messages and found that they all seem to come from SF:
>
>  To: nutch-cvs@lists.sourceforge.net
>  To: nutch-general@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> I assume there is some kind of a mail forward from the old Nutch MLs on SF to the "new" Nutch MLs at ASF.
> Do you think we could remove this forwarding and get rid of this spam?
>
> Sami & Andrzej seem to be members who miiiight be able to make this change:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=59548

Actually, only Doug and Mike Cafarella are admins of that project.

Doug, could you please disable this forwarding?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><