Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2001/11/05 17:49:14 UTC

Re: JAMES release

Danny,

Are you a committer?  If not, I'd like to nominate you as one.

As for a release, I've been pulling my hair out this past week w/Avalon
related issues.  I think I have to pretty much declare JDBC support
non-functional and/or experimental for the time being.  I should probably
just give up on that and make a release to at least get that pop3 retrieval
issue resolved.

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/
Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
> Cool.  I thought you were, but you had asked if someone else could make a
> release (which you should be able to do as a commiter I believe).

I didn't know how thats all

Re: JAMES release

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
> Danny,
>
> Are you a committer?  If not, I'd like to nominate you as one.

I already am, Charles nominated me, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

> As for a release, I've been pulling my hair out this past week w/Avalon
> related issues.  I think I have to pretty much declare JDBC support
> non-functional and/or experimental for the time being.

+1
I think the release needs to be made, with pop,smtp, mailet API &nntp
working, as soon as poss.
I assume you're talking about JDBC services (Avalon connectionm pool &&
SQLResources) being made available to Mailets?
I'd also like to see NNTP support JDBC (and avalon file) repositories as a
next step, preferably coupled with a mailet context for incoming NNTP
messages.

d.