Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/12 13:51:51 UTC

[DRAFT] Graduation resolution proposal

As ServiceComb community discussed for the graduation for a while[1]
 and all the committer are OK to be the member of PMC[2].

Now we have the developer team[3] from Huawei, Talend, Stealth,
Hyperpilot, RedHat, JingDong,Tencent, Syswin, PICC, Changhong,
Cainiao.

3300+ commits on development of three subproject.
1350+ PRs on the Github
171 contributors
800+ issues created
700+ issues resolved

dev has 113 subscribers
208 emails sent by 28 people, divided into 30 topics in last month

Please check out  Apache Maturity Model Assessment for ServiceComb[4]
for more information.

I just draft our graduation resolution proposal here. Please comment it.

NOTE
* I'm proposing myself as initial PMC chair -- Please comment if community
 is onboard with this or propose other persons as well

[1]https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8e59fef1a9eae9ee90808114b3abbdfdf8c6f24442d7575ee04f5100@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
[2]https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2d1e7f17f15fc8ec0d4d293798991e93127534be9cc13334336d228f@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
[3]https://servicecomb.incubator.apache.org/developers/team/
[4]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SERVICECOMB/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+ServiceComb

Establish the Apache ServiceComb Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to a microservice framework that provides a set of tools and
components to make development and deployment of cloud applications
easier.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache ServiceComb Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache ServiceComb Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to a
microservice framework that provides a set of tools and components to
make development and deployment of cloud applications easier; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache ServiceComb" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache
ServiceComb Project, and to have primary responsibility for management
of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache
ServiceComb Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache ServiceComb
Project:

 * Aray Chenchu Sukesh    <ac...@apache.org>
 * Bao Liu                <li...@apache.org>
 * Eric Lee               <er...@apache.org>
 * Jean-Baptiste Onofré   <jb...@apache.org>
 * Jimin Wu               <wu...@apache.org>
 * Linzhinan              <ze...@apache.org>
 * Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>
 * Qi Zhang               <qi...@apache.org>
 * Roman Shaposhnik       <rv...@apache.org>
 * Timothy Chen           <tn...@apache.org>
 * Willem Ning Jiang      <ni...@apache.org>
 * Yang Bo                <ya...@apache.org>
 * Yihua Cui              <li...@apache.org>
 * Yin Xiang              <se...@apache.org>
 * Zheng Feng             <zh...@apache.org>
 * zhengyangyong          <zh...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Willem Ning Jiang be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ServiceComb, to serve
in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation,
retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a successor is
appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache ServiceComb Project be and hereby is tasked
with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
ServiceComb podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
ServiceComb podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: [DRAFT] Graduation resolution proposal

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
So far, It looks like the draft looks good for everyone.
I'd be happy to start a vote for it shortly.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com>.
+1
In the past year, we have made a lot of efforts in community promotion and
technological innovation and optimization.

Best Regards,
---
Zen Lin
zenlintechnofreak@gmail.com
Focused on Micro Service and Apache ServiceComb

Kirin Wang <wa...@gmail.com> 于2018年9月13日周四 上午9:42写道:

Posted by Kirin Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

回复: [DRAFT] Graduation resolution proposal

Posted by bismy <bi...@qq.com>.
+1
Thanks for Willem's great work.

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Yang Bo <oa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Best Regards,
Yang.

回复:[DRAFT] Graduation resolution proposal

Posted by 郑扬勇 <ya...@qq.com>.
Great!
 +1