Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/07/09 22:12:37 UTC

Oops!

Hmmm ... Apache plus a badly behaved CGI has just completely taken out one of
my machines. To such an extent that I can't log in or run any commands (too
many processes). The CGI doesn't fork, so I'm a little bemused here. Any
thoughts?

Cheers,

Ben (still wondering whether to hit the reset button).

London, England.

Re: Oops!

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Hmmm ... Apache plus a badly behaved CGI has just completely taken out one of
> my machines. To such an extent that I can't log in or run any commands (too
> many processes). The CGI doesn't fork, so I'm a little bemused here. Any
> thoughts?

Random curiosity - if the machine is so gone that you can't run any
commands, how do you know that it's Apache and the CGI script that did it?

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server