Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by loic paillotin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 20:04:10 UTC

Porting a Xfire soap service to CXF: what is the best methodology

Hello,

Following my previous question, I  got my Xfire service to work under CXF
relatively painlessly.

The problem I have is that the WSDL generated is slightly different which is
a bit of a pain since the client side is a perl client using SOAP::Lite,
that is quite franlky quite painful to adapt to the new WSDL.

Right now, the only solution I see is adding annotations everywhere to try
make my CXF WSDL conform to the XFire WSDL, hoping that it is even possible.

Changing the perl client would be a last resort.

Another idea I had was pretty much start a new service "wsdl first" using my
XFire WSDL, and hook up the generated code to my Xfire implementation.

Has anybody had this kind of problem and figured out what is the least
painful path?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Loïc.

Re: Porting a Xfire soap service to CXF: what is the best methodology

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Your contract-first solution would be my best suggestion. I just hope
that XFire was generating an accurate WSDL.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 02 February 2011 2:48:46 pm loic paillotin wrote:
> Thank you for your answers, I'll try this path and let you know.
>
> Yes Dan, I saw that in some of your messages, like trailing slashes  that
> were not added in XFire, things like that?

Yep.  That's one of them.  XFire also tended to produce qualified schemas
whereas JAX-WS uses unqualified schemas by default.   There were a couple
differences in name/package mapping as well.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Porting a Xfire soap service to CXF: what is the best methodology

Posted by loic paillotin <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I agree with Benson, using the original WSDL is probably the best option if
you don't control the clients.   Likely a bit more of a porting work on the
server, but it should allow better compatibility.

FYI: XFire implemented parts of the JAX-WS spec and such which does allow SOME
level of portability.   However, it wasn't compliant with JAXWS and some of
the areas where it wasn't does cause a bit of incompatibility with CXF.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org