Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jeremy Dahlgren <jd...@textwise.com> on 2005/08/05 15:51:22 UTC

Setting Functional Test Mode as a property from the command line

Is it possible to set the "Functional Test Mode" check box as a property from the command line (-n non GUI mode)?  I've moved all of our variables into "-J" properties we change from the command line and the functional test mode is the only property we can't toggle from the command line.  Is there some trick to alter boolean properties like this?

<property xml:space="preserve" propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.BooleanProperty" name="TestPlan.functional_mode">true</property>

Thanks,

Jeremy

Re: Setting Functional Test Mode as a property from the command line

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
There's no generic way to override properties.
And there's no property that can set functional mode (yet).

However, one can set:

jmeter.save.saveservice.response_data.on_error

when true, responseData is saved for samples that are not successful.

[check jmeter.properties to see if this is in your version]

This is like functional mode, except that successful results are not saved.

If you want to override the mode setting, you'll need to edit the file.

Or raise a Bugzilla enhancement request and wait it to be implemented ...

S.