Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by virtuallight <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2008/11/03 01:30:47 UTC

Repository access and other questions

I have been taking a look at Jackrabbit for a project that we have coming down the road and have a few questions.  Is their a restful way to access a repository?  I have looked at the what was contained in the servlet jar but did not see anything that fit the bill.  I have played around with the WebDav access but I think this will be too slow for our purposes.  I have also looked at Sling but feel that it is too immature at the moment for our use.   Has anyone attempted to create restful access?  Also has anyone had any luck with using a web service to access a repository?

How does Jackrabbit perform under heavy loads?  The system that we would be looking at using Jackrabbit with would have many readers and potentially many writers.  Peak hour access would be somewhere in the neighbor hood of 900K + hits.  Is anyone out there using Jackrabbit in a high volume setting?

And my final question.  We have a concern about scalability.  From the deployment models it would seem that we are looking at model 3.  How does this work if I have multiple Jackrabbit servers behind a load balancer mounted to the same repository?  I am still learning to walk with this but think I have seen enough to see my areas of concern.  Any feedback appreciated.

Regards,
Bill

Re: Repository access and other questions

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
Hi!

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:30 AM, virtuallight <vi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have been taking a look at Jackrabbit for a project that we have coming down the road and have a few questions.  Is their a restful way to access a repository?  I have looked at the what was contained in the servlet jar but did not see anything that fit the bill.  I have played around with the WebDav access but I think this will be too slow for our purposes.  I have also looked at Sling but feel that it is too immature at the moment for our use.   Has anyone attempted to create restful access?  Also has anyone had any luck with using a web service to access a repository?

Sling is already very mature, although it might not look like that
because it is still an incubator project ;-) Sling is being used in a
major commercial product from Day Software which ensures its stability
and scalability.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Repository access and other questions

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Virtual Light wrote:
> In testing it did not perform at a level that we would need.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

I guess you'll need to elaborate on that.

What was the test? What kind of client did you use?

BR, Julian

RE: Repository access and other questions

Posted by Virtual Light <vi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.