Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by arnox <ar...@channel1.com> on 2001/08/03 01:10:12 UTC

RE: HELP - Jakarta 4 and Magma - CONTEXT LISTENER ISSUE

Got things to work, but there is one strange issue. If I install a context
listener in web.xml, (which automatically initializes Magma application),
like:

<web-app>
	<listener>
		<listener-class>com.catray.Monolith</listener-class>
	</listener>
</web-app>

then, the Web application initializes fine, but as soon as I access the JSP
page
in a browser, I get this lovely exception:

-------

Exception Report:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp threw
exception
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:876)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:602)

Root Cause:

java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:234)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)

-------

On the other hand, if I take the context listener out of the web.xml file
and
initialize things manually, the JSP page displays correctly. Is there
something else
that I should be doing in order to get the context listener working?

Thanks,
-arnox