Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2018/08/13 20:46:59 UTC

Remove OPOIFSFileSystem for 4.0.0?

Hi,

NPOIFS should be quite stable in the meantime - how about removing OPOIFSFileSystem for/before 4.0.0?

Andi

Re: Remove OPOIFSFileSystem for 4.0.0?

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
After test-removing/renaming the classes, I'm also +1 for unifying to POIFS.
The current version still contains so many (bloat/) not anymore necessary classes and its actually fun,
to remove one after another and it still works :)
... of course I try to rewrite the tests where it makes sense.

Andi

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
+1.  Thank you, Andi!

Posted by Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ab...@for-scala.it>.

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.

Posted by kiwiwings <ki...@apache.org>.
Javen O'Neal-2 wrote
> How many lines of code can we delete by removing this class?

Quite a few ... The issue came to my mind, as I've had a look into #61677
and didn't want to (try to) fix it in two areas. I've started to remove the
OPOIFS* classes yesterday, but this is not so trivial as I thought it would
be ... e.g. IIRC, I think the POIFSWriterListener is not implemented and
OPOIFS is used in a few other places too, where I thought NPOIFS would be
used.

So depending on when we get feedback on #62564 / TIKA-2693, I would postpone
it after 4.0.0, so we can push out 4.0.0.

Andi.

Posted by Javen O'Neal <on...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ab...@for-scala.it>.