Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Ray Morris <su...@bettercgi.com> on 2012/02/17 06:19:12 UTC

Parallels (Plesk) violating Apache license?

Unlike the RPMs distributed by Red Hat et al., the httpd RPMS
being distributed by Parallels, the company behind Plesk, seem
to have LICENSE removed.

My understanding is that this is a violation of the license:

   1) You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works
   a copy of this License;

See for example:
http://autoinstall.plesk.com/APACHE_2.2.12/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/packages/httpd-2.2.12-11062215.i386.rpm

Am I mistaken that their distribution of Apache httpd must include
a copy of the license?
--
Ray Morris
support@bettercgi.com

http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/

http://www.bettercgi.com/throttlebox/

Re: SOLVED Re: Parallels (Plesk) violating Apache license?

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
Nah, You're all good! Thanks for being proactive and taking care of this.

Cheers,
-g

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
Le 17 févr. 2012 à 08:16, Ray Morris a écrit :

> I probably SHOULDN'T have mentioned it to them before
> hearing from LEGAL, but I did.

I disagree.
It's good to hear that people get easily this kind of trick solved.
Otherwise we only see the hard issues on this list.

paul

SOLVED Re: Parallels (Plesk) violating Apache license?

Posted by Ray Morris <su...@bettercgi.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@apache.org>.