Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 18:18:12 UTC

Wierd archive deployed?

I had trouble working on the javadoc plugin in IntelliJ, and this
response came back from their support person.

What's special about this artifact? Should I see if making a new
release will fix it?

Quote starts here:

This issue occurs because
...\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\maven-toolchain\1.0\maven-toolchain-1.0.jar
file has some weird archive format that IDEA cannot read:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2752840/screens/snap2142-1347566987.png .

If you look inside this jar with any external unpacker, you'll find
that it contains empty file entries that match directories.
So it's some Maven packaging issue that affects IDEA ability to
properly read this jar.

I don't think that we'll want to invest resources into fixing this
issue, it should be rather fixed in the Maven repository.

Re: Wierd archive deployed?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> :-) [Trying...too...resist...the...urge...to...say...use...eclipse...]

I used to.

Anyway, luckily for us, the newer versions of the toolchain jar do not
upset them, so I updated m-j-p's dependency.

Re: Wierd archive deployed?

Posted by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com>.