Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Boulatian, Misak" <Mi...@adp.com> on 2003/10/07 17:23:20 UTC

jk2 connector config to connect to multiple tomcat-jboss instances

Hi,

I am trying to setup jk2 connector on a single apache instance to connect to
multiple jboss instances running on the same machine using
jboss-port-bindings.xml. Based on jboss-port-bindings.xml I have three
instances having the following ports for jk2 connector: 8009, 8109, 8209. In
the workers2.properties, I've created appropriate mappings (I am including
as an attachment). The problem is: jk2 connects to only one port: whichever
comes first. I am not able to connect on more than one ports. I am also
including my jboss-port-bindings.xml file which is referenced through
jboss-service.xml to allow multiple instances to run (which is successful).

version of jboss: jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24
version of apache: 2.0.45
version of java: 1.4.1_03

I appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Misak

_
attachments from your system.

Re: jk2 connector config to connect to multiple tomcat-jboss instances

Posted by jerome moliere <jm...@nerim.net>.
Boulatian, Misak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup jk2 connector on a single apache instance to
> connect to multiple jboss instances running on the same machine
> using jboss-port-bindings.xml. Based on jboss-port-bindings.xml I have
> three instances having the following ports for jk2 connector: 8009,
> 8109, 8209. In the workers2.properties, I've created appropriate
> mappings (I am including as an attachment). The problem is: jk2
> connects to only one port: whichever comes first. I am not able to
> connect on more than one ports. I am also including my
> jboss-port-bindings.xml file which is referenced through
> jboss-service.xml to allow multiple instances to run (which is
> successful).
>
> version of jboss: jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24
> version of apache: 2.0.45
> version of java: 1.4.1_03

hi misak,
do you use any load balancing mechnaism (round robin) to balance around
your different ports ?
to setup such thing in JK2 you should define your 3 tomcat instances (in
fact jboss bundle with different port numbers) then adding one other which
is the load balancer...

HTH
Jerome