Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> on 2010/12/28 13:55:09 UTC

[users@httpd] A question about log rotation (/etc/logrotation.d and /etc/logrotation.d/httpd)

Hello all,

By default the log rotate every week and add the running number after the log file. Now I want to change this so that all the log files under /var/log/httpd rotate every day and end with date with format ddmmyyyy.

I change the /etc/logrotate.d/gttpd as follow:

/var/log/httpd/*log {
    daily
    dateexe
    rotate 60
    missingok
    notifempty
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
        /sbin/service httpd reload > /dev/null 2>/dev/null || true
    endscript
}

But it seems it doesn't work. The log files under /var/log/httpd/ still end with number.

Can someone help?

Regards

Thomas

Re: [users@httpd] A question about log rotation (/etc/logrotation.d and /etc/logrotation.d/httpd)

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
You are right.

:-)

On Tue, December 28, 2010 13:55, Thomas Chang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> By default the log rotate every week and add the running number after the
> log file. Now I want to change this so that all the log files under
> /var/log/httpd rotate every day and end with date with format ddmmyyyy.
>
> I change the /etc/logrotate.d/gttpd as follow:
>
> /var/log/httpd/*log {
>     daily
>     dateexe

This should be dateext

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] A question about log rotation (/etc/logrotation.d and /etc/logrotation.d/httpd)

Posted by Joost de Heer <jo...@sanguis.xs4all.nl>.
On Tue, December 28, 2010 13:55, Thomas Chang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> By default the log rotate every week and add the running number after the
> log file. Now I want to change this so that all the log files under
> /var/log/httpd rotate every day and end with date with format ddmmyyyy.
>
> I change the /etc/logrotate.d/gttpd as follow:
>
> /var/log/httpd/*log {
>     daily
>     dateexe

This should be dateext