Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Robert Schiele <rs...@uni-mannheim.de> on 2002/10/01 15:26:26 UTC

Re: build under gcc 3.2 ?

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 01:25:50PM -0400, Brad Settlemyer wrote:
> With the 1.x series it isn't worth it.  I'd be interested to hear how it
> goes with 2.x, as I'm not ready to upgrade to the 2 series just yet.  I've
> been off the list for a few months, but I do know that several people
> (including me) tried gcc 3.x with 1.7, so I suspect there is some decent
> interest out here.

2.1.0 works "out of the box" with gcc 3.2.  1.7.0 just needs some
simple fixes.  If you describe your problem with gcc 3.2, I can give
you the solution.  Alternatively I can send you the full patch file I
made for this release, but note that this also includes some other
patches to change the library name from libxerces-c1_7_0.so to
libxerces-c.so.1.7.0.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517