Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2020/03/13 16:25:18 UTC

Re: Working toward 2.3.0

Hello everyone,

An update here is well overdue. There's a lot of progress that's been made
over the last 6 weeks. We've seen a number of new features wrapped up and
land on branch-2, and a lot of effort has been done to prune and weed our
garden of unruly unit tests. We've also had a number of healthy
discussions, about our release process as well as our minimum Hadoop
version. I would still like to see our unit test suite running on JDK11,
which is an effort I will continue to pursue as I'm able (subtasks of
HBASE-22972).

I think we're finally ready to make branch-2.3. Once the branch is live, I
ask that folks pause actively backporting new features to branch-2.3.
Please continue with bug fixes. There is at least one data correctness
issue of which I am aware (HBASE-23286). Patches that improve and stabilize
our test suite are also strongly encouraged. We've seen stray blue
nightlies, but not often and not recently. If you're looking for direction
in this area, search Jira for "flakey" or ping me or Stack on Slack. The
GitHub PR PreCommit job now archives test logs, so it is now easier to
retrieve high fidelity details from runs on Apache infrastructure.

If you have concerns or objections, please raise them here. If there are
specific bugs you'd like me to track, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll
push the branch on Monday, start building a changes list and learning the
release tools.

Thank you everyone for your contributions and hard work.
Nick

Re: Working toward 2.3.0

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
In general, if a fix only comes to branch-2 then the fix version should be
2.4.0, but if the patch also goes to branch-2.3, I think we only need 2.3.0
as fix version? By default, all the fixes in 2.3.0 should also be contained
in 2.4.0.

Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> 于2020年3月19日周四 下午11:06写道:

Re: Working toward 2.3.0

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.