Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by He...@systema.com on 2024/01/02 14:21:39 UTC

no-acceptor options not understood

Hello Team,

when creating an instance ofaremis broker 2.21.2 in the broker create
script iI have defined

        export ARGS="$ARGS --no-amqp-acceptor true"
        export ARGS="$ARGS --no-hornetq-acceptor true"
        export ARGS="$ARGS --no-mqtt-acceptor true"
        export ARGS="$ARGS --no-stomp-acceptor true"

since only core and openwire are currently needed. Expecting as a result::

    <acceptor name="artemis"> ... ;protocols=CORE,OPENWIRE; ...
</acceptor>

But actually it gets in the broker.xml

    <acceptor name="artemis"> ...
;protocols=CORE,AMQP,STOMP,HORNETQ,MQTT,OPENWIRE; ... </acceptor>

I have removed the "true" values, leaving the option names only, but the
same result.

Thank You in advance.

Herbert

Re: [Ext] Re: no-acceptor options not understood

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
> It is not a matter of the protocol but a matter of the ports used.

Correct.

> If you want to exluide the protocol, from the artemis acceptor you have
to edit the acceptor Correct?

Correct.

Justin

On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM <He...@systema.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Manfred-von-Ardenne-Ring 6 | 01099 Dresden
> HRB 11256 Amtsgericht Dresden | USt.-ID DE 159 607 786
> Geschäftsführer: Manfred Austen, CEO und Dr. Ulf Martin, COO
>
> P Please check whether a printout of this e-mail is really necessary.
>

> Von:        "Justin Bertram" <jb...@apache.org>
> An:        users@activemq.apache.org
> Datum:        02.01.2024 16:19
> Betreff:        [Ext] Re: no-acceptor options not understood
> ------------------------------
>

> The --no-*-acceptor parameters simply omit the specific acceptor for that
> particular protocol. They are a simple way to reduce the number of ports
> the broker is listening on.
>
> For example, if you specify --no-amqp-acceptor then the acceptor named
> "amqp" listening on port 5672 will be omitted.
>
> This is noted in the "help" documentation for the "create" command, e.g.:
>
>      --no-amqp-acceptor     Disable the AMQP specific acceptor.
>      --no-hornetq-acceptor  Disable the HornetQ specific acceptor.
>      --no-mqtt-acceptor     Disable the MQTT specific acceptor.
>      --no-stomp-acceptor    Disable the STOMP specific acceptor.
>
> To be clear, the "create" command supports a relatively simple set of
> customizations. More advanced use-cases typically require editing
> broker.xml.
>

> Justin
>
> On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 8:22 AM <He...@systema.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Team,
> >
> > when creating an instance ofaremis broker 2.21.2 in the broker create
> > script iI have defined
> >
> >         export ARGS="$ARGS --no-amqp-acceptor true"
> >         export ARGS="$ARGS --no-hornetq-acceptor true"
> >         export ARGS="$ARGS --no-mqtt-acceptor true"
> >         export ARGS="$ARGS --no-stomp-acceptor true"
> >
> > since only core and openwire are currently needed. Expecting as a
> result::
> >
> >     <acceptor name="artemis"> ... ;protocols=CORE,OPENWIRE; ...
> </acceptor>
> >
> > But actually it gets in the broker.xml
> >
> >     <acceptor name="artemis"> ...
> > ;protocols=CORE,AMQP,STOMP,HORNETQ,MQTT,OPENWIRE; ... </acceptor>
> >
> > I have removed the "true" values, leaving the option names only, but the
> > same result.
> >
> > Thank You in advance.
> >
> > Herbert
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > *Herbert Helmstreit*
> > Senior Software Engineer
> >
> > Phone: +49 941 / 7 83 92 36
> > Herbert.Helmstreit@systema.com
> >
> > www.systema.com
> >
> > [image: LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/systema-gmbh/
> >[image:
> > Facebook] <https://de-de.facebook.com/SYSTEMA.automation/>[image: XING]
> > <https://www.xing.com/pages/systemagmbh>
> >
> > SYSTEMA
> > Systementwicklung Dipl.-Inf. Manfred Austen GmbH
> >
> > Manfred-von-Ardenne-Ring 6 | 01099 Dresden
> > HRB 11256 Amtsgericht Dresden | USt.-ID DE 159 607 786
> > Geschäftsführer: Manfred Austen, CEO und Dr. Ulf Martin, COO
> >
> > P Please check whether a printout of this e-mail is really necessary.

Antwort: [Ext] Re: no-acceptor options not understood

Posted by He...@systema.com.
Hi Justin,

now I got it.

Von:    "Justin Bertram" <jb...@apache.org>
An:     users@activemq.apache.org
Datum:  02.01.2024 16:19
Betreff:        [Ext] Re: no-acceptor options not understood

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
To which specific bit of documentation are you referring?

Justin

Von:    "Domenico Francesco Bruscino" <br...@gmail.com>
An:     users@activemq.apache.org
Datum:  02.01.2024 15:51