Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net> on 2003/09/11 08:19:02 UTC

Good bye

Folks,

I am leaving the Avalon project after many years. I used to permanently
be in the top two committers (which ever set of two it was from month to
month) for the Avalon set of projects but barely do a thing anymore.
This is probably because I no longer believe in type-1 Inversion of
Control and the single container vision.  I am more active outside
Apache working (and quite often watching) the phenomenal PicoContainer.
I am still active inside Apache on numerous projects, sub-projects and
sub-sub-projects!

I wish you all success.

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...

Re: Good bye

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Paul Hammant wrote:
>
>> I am leaving the Avalon project
>
> Thank you very much for all the great work and good luck for your future
> endeavours.

+10000 to that. You will be missed.

- Leo

Re: Good bye

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am leaving the Avalon project after many years. I used to permanently
> be in the top two committers (which ever set of two it was from month to
> month) for the Avalon set of projects but barely do a thing anymore.
> This is probably because I no longer believe in type-1 Inversion of
> Control and the single container vision.  I am more active outside
> Apache working (and quite often watching) the phenomenal PicoContainer.
> I am still active inside Apache on numerous projects, sub-projects and
> sub-sub-projects!

Thank you very much for all the great work and good luck for your future
endeavours.

Ulrich