Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Novotny <no...@aei.mpg.de> on 2004/07/19 17:44:29 UTC

obtaining Jasper errors

Hi,

    Sometimes when I include a JSP file like so:

try {

getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(jsp).include(request,
response);
} catch (Exception e) {
    log.errror("Unable to include JSP");
}

I get an error during JSP page compilation or including and the error is
usually in the logs/localhost_log... file not in catalina.out.

I would like to programatically get the exception to display on the
screen-- is there a special variable that is passed with this
information that I can retrieve?

Thanks, Jason