Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Tillson <ro...@baesystems.com> on 2005/01/21 16:11:14 UTC

Having a simple problem w/5.5.7

I have a very dumb servlet that I am having problems with.

I can get it to work through the invoker, but not through the url I have
setup...

I use the ant installer to get it into tomcat.

It appears properly in the manager app.

When I acess the url, I get the following:

Directory Listing For /

Filename Size Last Modified

Apache Tomcat/5.5.7

as output...

Can anybody help me with what is wrong?

Here is my web.xml file:

     version="2.4">

   <display-name>Crap TestInWServlet</display-name>
   <description>
      Welcome to Tomcat
   </description>
     <servlet>
         <servlet-name>TestInWServlet</servlet-name>
         <servlet-class>com.bae.ait.isd.inw.TestInWServlet</servlet-class>
         <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
     </servlet>

     <servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>TestInWServlet</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>/myapp</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

I am going to the address http://localhost:8080/myapp/

Any help would be much appreciated...

This should be simple, but hasn't turned out to be...

Tomcat 5.5.7
ant 1.6.2
java 5.0
IE 6

Thanks

Re: Having a simple problem w/5.5.7

Posted by Robert Tillson <ro...@baesystems.com>.
Thanks, i didn't realize the context_name was in there...

At 11:17 AM 1/21/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>The url needs to be:
>http://localhost:8080/CONTEXT_NAME/URL_PATTERN
>

>On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 10:11, Robert Tillson wrote:
> > I have a very dumb servlet that I am having problems with.
> >
> > I can get it to work through the invoker, but not through the url I have
> > setup...
> >
> > I use the ant installer to get it into tomcat.
> >
> > It appears properly in the manager app.
> >
> > When I acess the url, I get the following:
> >

> > Directory Listing For /
> >
> > Filename Size Last Modified
> >

> > Apache Tomcat/5.5.7
> >
> > as output...
> >
> > Can anybody help me with what is wrong?
> >
> > Here is my web.xml file:
> >
> > <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
> >      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> >      xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
> > http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
> >      version="2.4">
> >
> >    <display-name>Crap TestInWServlet</display-name>
> >    <description>
> >       Welcome to Tomcat
> >    </description>
> >      <servlet>
> >          <servlet-name>TestInWServlet</servlet-name>
> >          <servlet-class>com.bae.ait.isd.inw.TestInWServlet</servlet-class>
> >          <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> >      </servlet>
> >
> >      <servlet-mapping>
> >          <servlet-name>TestInWServlet</servlet-name>
> >          <url-pattern>/myapp</url-pattern>
> >      </servlet-mapping>
> > </web-app>
> >
> > I am going to the address http://localhost:8080/myapp/
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated...
> >
> > This should be simple, but hasn't turned out to be...
> >
> > Tomcat 5.5.7
> > ant 1.6.2
> > java 5.0
> > IE 6
> >
> > Thanks

Bob Tillson
Principal Software Engineer
BAE SYSTEMS Advanced Information Technologies
6 New England Executive Park
Burlington, MA 01803
Phone: 781-273-3388, x708

Re: Having a simple problem w/5.5.7