Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/16 16:08:24 UTC

More disk space for primary storage.

Hi, All,
 I found a weird situation here:
1. My cloudstack cluster contains 1 Management Server+7KVM Hypervisor
nodes.
2. 1TB disk is allocated to primary storage on Management Server.
3. Each KVM Hypervisor has 4TB disk space, no manual disk partitions on it.
4. system.vm.use.local.storage=true
5. But found only 2TB size of primary storage on dashboard.

So seems the 7 KVM nodes altogether contribute only 1TB for primary
storage. How to allocate more disk space to primary storage? Any global
settings I did not set? Thanks.

Cheers,
Dan

Re: More disk space for primary storage.

Posted by Carlos ReƔtegui <cr...@gmail.com>.
Dan,
Is the compute offering you are using for your VMs set to use local storage?  You will need to create new compute offerings if not and launch your VMs with those offerings.

Cheers,
Carlos

Posted by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com>.
Yes, when I create VMs I specify the compute offering which use local
storage:
$list serviceofferings
name = 4_Cores_2GHz_Local
id = 0bdcefa2-94dd-4a8a-9702-16ce21ef9aa8

storagetype = local

Cheers,
Dan

Posted by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com>.