Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/03 14:35:42 UTC

[S2] struts2-portlet application problems

Hi,

I have downloaded the struts2-portlet sample application, both
versions 2.0.1 and a nightly build of 2.0.2 but it fails to start.
It does not even have the struts.xml file /WEB-INF/classes, but the
file xwork.xml instead.
if I rename this file to struts.xml then it complaints:

  14:26:46,844 ERROR [ConfigurationUtil] Unable to find parent package
struts-portlet-default

on the console.
The daily build of 2.0.2 does not even have dependencies filled. If I
update them that I even get some stacktraces.

Issue  WW-1407  discusses similar problems, is marked as resolved 3
months ago, but the issue still remains.

I am trying to run it under JBoss 4.0.5 and have plans to test it
under Websphere.
Can anybody help me with this?

Dariusz Wojtas

Re: [S2] struts2-portlet application problems

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

After playing with it a bit with the sample portlet app on the 2.0.3
trunk code (jboss portal 2.4.1) I finally managed to pass the basic
problems (descriptors, missing JAR files: spring, dwr, spring plugin)
and now I get some strange exception that I do not understand:

08:48:31,805 INFO  [StrutsSpringObjectFactory] ... initialized
Struts-Spring integration successfully
08:48:32,195 INFO  [XmlConfigurationProvider] Parsing configuration
file [struts-default.xml]
08:48:32,258 INFO  [XmlConfigurationProvider] Parsing configuration
file [struts-plugin.xml]
08:48:32,258 INFO  [XmlConfigurationProvider] Parsing configuration
file [struts.xml]
08:48:32,258 ERROR [[/struts2-portlet]] Exception starting filter action2
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.DependencyException:
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$MissingDepend
encyException: No mapping found for dependency [type=java.lang.String,
name='devMode'] in public static void
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack.setDevMode(java.lang.String).
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.addInjectorsForMembers(ContainerImpl.java:156)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.addInjectorsForMethods(ContainerImpl.java:125)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.injectStatics(ContainerImpl.java:110)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerBuilder.create(ContainerBuilder.java:494)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(DefaultConfiguration.java:140)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:52)
        at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(Dispatcher.java:394)
        at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:450)
        at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.init(FilterDispatcher.java:201)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:223)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:304)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:77)

[...]
Caused by: com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$MissingDependencyException:
No mapping found for depen
dency [type=java.lang.String, name='devMode'] in public static void
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack.setDevMode(java.lang.String).
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.createParameterInjector(ContainerImpl.java:238)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.getParametersInjectors(ContainerImpl.java:228)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$MethodInjector.<init>(ContainerImpl.java:281)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$3.create(ContainerImpl.java:129)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$3.create(ContainerImpl.java:127)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.addInjectorsForMembers(ContainerImpl.java:153)
        ... 129 more

I am trying to do my best to try portlets with struts2 but so far it
does not work for me.
Any advises what can be wrong?

Best regards
Dariusz Wojtas