Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Christian Brel <br...@copperproductions.co.uk> on 2010/02/10 20:22:11 UTC

Re: [SPAM:9.6] Re: OT::Making a PC explode (was Re: Newest spammer trick - non-blank subject lines?)

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:42:46 -0500
Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com> wrote:

> jd wrote:
> > A lot of older people still believe that giving the PC the wrong
> > command will cause it to explode in a shower of sparks, thanks to
> > Hollywood. It seems that Hollywood is still doing that.
> >

> Electronics generating sparks when overloaded?  Yes.
>
> Generating smoke?  Yes.
>
> Flames?  Yes.
>
> A dynamic explosion?  No.
>
> (Never did figure out why all the electronics consoles in movies seem
> to contain explosives...)

It's a simple mistake - but the repair technician substitutes the 4700uf
smoothing caps with Le Maitre theatrical maroons.... (the very small
ones I hasten to add, the really big ones you put into a car a
disconnected car stereo, wired across the supply cables and leave the
car unlocked :-) If the thief is local, you'll hear the bang....)