Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Kyle Schmitt <ky...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/08 18:39:28 UTC

jmeter-server dies immediately?

I'm trying to launch jmeter-server on a linux box and it keeps on
dying.  According to the process list and netstat rmiregistry is
running and taking up port 1099.  Given what's said in the manual, I
thought maybe I could just re-launch jmeter using the -s flag.  Still
it dies immediately, with no warning or indication as to how to fix
it.

Any ideas?

Re: jmeter-server dies immediately?

Posted by Kyle Schmitt <ky...@gmail.com>.
Ahh.  Here it is....

2006/12/08 18:42:25 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine:
Listeners will be started after enabling running version
2006/12/08 18:42:25 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: To
revert to the earlier behaviour, define jmeterengine.startlistenerslat
er=false
2006/12/08 18:42:25 ERROR - jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl:
rmiregistry needs to be running to start JMeter in server mode
        java.net.UnknownHostException: subversion: subversion
2006/12/08 18:42:25 ERROR - jmeter.JMeter: Giving up, as server failed
with: java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot start. See server log file.
        at org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.init(RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.java:60)
        at org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.<init>(RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.java:46)
        at org.apache.jmeter.JMeter.startServer(JMeter.java:525)
        at org.apache.jmeter.JMeter.start(JMeter.java:285)
        at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.main(NewDriver.java:175)

Re: jmeter-server dies immediately?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Is there nothing in the jmeter.log file?