Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marco Spadoni <m....@pisa.iol.it> on 2001/12/13 16:36:23 UTC

Problem with Struts in IBM VisualAge 3.5.2

I'm trying to install and run Struts in IBM VisualAge 3.5 Patch 2 according
to the instructions
found in the paper from Kyle Brown ("Apache Struts and VisualAge for Java,
Part2: Using
Struts in VAJ 3.5.2 and 3.5.3").
Before to install the EmployeelistForApache.zip contents I was able to start
the Apache Tomcat
Test Environment and successfully run the default example applications.
After the installation and the configuration of the
EmployeelistForApache.zip contents, when I try
to start Apache Tomcat, I have the following messages (below) on VAJ
consolle, ending with the listed
exception stack frame.
Anyone that can give me an hint?
TIA,

Marco Spadoni
Italia On Line

Context log path="/employeelist" :tomcat.errorPage: init
Context log path="/employeelist" :jsp: init
<JASPER_LOG> Thu Dec 13 15:45:25 GMT+01:00 2001 Parent class loader is:
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader@294c</JASPER_LOG>
Context log path="/employeelist" :default: init
Context log path="/employeelist" :action: init
Context log path="/employeelist" :action: Loading application resources from
resource ApplicationResources
Context log path="/employeelist" :action: Initializing configuration from
resource path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
Exception occurred:  null
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.InternalError: (Ex02)
An error has occurred.
 java.lang.Throwable(java.lang.String)
 java.lang.Error(java.lang.String)
 java.lang.VirtualMachineError(java.lang.String)
 java.lang.InternalError(java.lang.String)
 org.apache.struts.digester.Digester
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initDigester(int)
 org.apache.struts.digester.Digester
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initDigester(int)
 void org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping()
 void org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init()
 void javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(javax.servlet.ServletConfig)
 void org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet()
 void org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet()
 void
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(org.apache.to
mcat.core.Context)
 void
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(org.apache.tomcat.core.Con
text)
 void org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init()
 void org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(java.lang.String [])
 void org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(java.lang.String [])
 java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object,
java.lang.Object [])
 void com.ibm.ivj.tomcat.TomcatRunner.startTomcat(java.lang.String)
 void
com.ibm.ivj.tomcat.TomcatRunner.actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent)
 void java.awt.Button.processActionEvent(java.awt.event.ActionEvent)
 void java.awt.Button.processEvent(java.awt.AWTEvent)
 void java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(java.awt.AWTEvent)
 void java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(java.awt.AWTEvent)
 void java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(java.awt.AWTEvent)
 boolean java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent()
 void java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(java.awt.Conditional)
 void java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run()