Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by JetWork <mo...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/14 16:55:27 UTC

PortletURL not executing

I have a jsp page containing a button, on click of button i invoke the
following javascript method

function <%=NSP%>doSubmit(btnName){

                if(btnName == "Finish"){

		form.action = "<%=finishFromStep3URL.toString()%>" +
<%=NSP%>getIterationParameters()
                form.submit();
		}
}

, and finishFromStep3URL is created in scriplet like this:
<%
PortletURL finishFromStep3URL= renderResponse.createActionURL();
finishFromStep3URL.setParameter("action", "myfolder/folder/customview");
finishFromStep3URL.setParameter("view",
"com.customviews.ruleviews.TableRuleView");
finishFromStep3URL.setParameter("dbid",
(String)renderRequest.getAttribute("dbid"));
finishFromStep3URL.setParameter("createRuleAction","step4");
%>

When I click this button, it should go to TableRuleView class, but instead
it goes to Jetspeed Home page

I have one Filter also, it reaches till filter and then doesn't go to the
class

Please help

Re: PortletURL not executing

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Oct 14, 2008, at 7:55 AM, JetWork wrote:

> I have a jsp page containing a button, on click of button i invoke the
> following javascript method
>
> function <%=NSP%>doSubmit(btnName){
>
>                if(btnName == "Finish"){
>
> 		form.action = "<%=finishFromStep3URL.toString()%>" +
> <%=NSP%>getIterationParameters()
>                form.submit();
> 		}
> }
>
> , and finishFromStep3URL is created in scriplet like this:
> <%
> PortletURL finishFromStep3URL= renderResponse.createActionURL();
> finishFromStep3URL.setParameter("action", "myfolder/folder/
> customview");

Is this supposed to be a link to another page?
Regardless all PortletURLs always point back to the portal
If you want to redirect to another page try using the portlet api to
do that in your process action