Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrey Kompaneev <ak...@alconssoft.ru> on 2001/06/25 11:21:32 UTC

Grant SocketPermission

Hi

I have read help and FAQ but I don't understand - how can I grant SocketPermission to my application (servlets) under Tomcat 3.2.2?

I uncomment out the entry in server.xml for the ContextInterceptor which defines the class named PolicyInterceptor in the server.xml
Put permission into tomcat.plicy:

grant codeBase "file:${tomcat.home}/webapps/myapps" {
    permission java.security.AllPermission;
    permission java.net.SocketPermission "hostname:9000-", "listen,connect,accept,resolve";
};

And start tomcat: "startup -security" but my application (servlets) doesn't start and work.

Environment: W2K, Tomcat 3.2.2, SUN JDK 1.3.

Best regards,
Andrew Kompaneev, Expert.
AlconsSoft InformSystems Ltd.,
http://www.alconssoft.ru/eng