Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Marco Collovati <mc...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 11:38:59 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.19.0 (Attempt #2)

-1

Got an issue with DefaultComponent change on doStart method:
the check for camel context is done via getter
```ObjectHelper.notNull(getCamelContext(), "camelContext");```
but the following logic access the `camelContext` field directly.

This leads to NPE when extending DefaultComponent as a decorator for
other components.

Maybe this is more an issue on my code but I think the camelContext
check should be consistent with the following code.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Marco Collovati <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, sorry.

Oh dont be, we value all feedback. What you have discovered is likely
something we can improve for the next release. You are welcome to dive
in the source code, and and we love contributions. PRs is welcome
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

And if you find that field vs getter is in more places then maybe post
on @dev so the other devs can take notice and we can take a bigger
look.

However if its only a few spots then a PR and a JIRA is fine IMHO.

> BTW, aside from my previous problem, I tested RC on some production project
> involving camel-jms, camel-cxf, camel-mail and
> camel-api-component-maven-plugin and all is working fine.

Ah great thanks for testing and the feedback.

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.19.0 (Attempt #2)

Posted by Marco Collovati <mc...@gmail.com>.
Ok, sorry.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marco