Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Fridtjof Busse <fb...@gmx.de> on 2012/02/16 16:02:19 UTC

Subversion 1.7 symlink problems

Hi,

we've started to test Subversion 1.7.3 on linux and noticed a somewhat drastaic change in svn behavior.
Our repo (also 1.7, a svnsync copy) contains a lot of symlinks and externals. Different from Subversion 1.6, every one of those symlinks shows up as "M" in "svn status".
"svn diff" chokes on those files (which point to an external dir), like this:
svn: E000021: Can't read file '/home/fbusse/repo/symlinktests/link': Is a directory

"link" is a symlink to a directory one level up.

"svn commit" also fails with this:
svn: E145001: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E145001: Entry '/home/fbusse/repo/symlinktests/link' has unexpectedly changed special status

Any ideas? It looks very much like a bug, might be related to issue 4091.

Please CC me, thanks.

Re: Subversion 1.7 symlink problems

Posted by Fridtjof Busse <fb...@gmx.de>.
I opened # 4120.
The ticket does not contain a script, but reproduction should be simple enough, I hope I provided all the necessary info.
If not, I can send you the complete repo (contains only testing data).

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@elego.de>.